Tuesday, April 22, 2008

SOHO and HOFM , Great MoJo ....Ho Ho

An SMS message recently upgraded my vocabulary about Hobart short hand suburb names. It mentioned "see you at our place blah bah blah SOHO"? I immediately thought of the old Aberfeldy Pub which is now HOTEL SOHO but it was not. I have since pieced it altogether albeit belatedly to the rest of Hobart no doubt.
For some time the HO side of things has amused me such as HO-FM , which in the US would mean another thing altogether.
Well SOHO was going to be a Bar/cafe in South Hobart which changed name upon opening to MoJo Bar Cafe and the Aberfeldy/Bridie OReily's became HOTEL SOHO .. now I get it ......SOHO is South Hobart.
Well now I am just waiting for WEHO (West Hobart) and NOHO (NorthHobart) to come up as bars cafes as well ..mind you WEHO seems to Google as West Hollywood pretty much and No Ho in NZ.
We'll just have to wait and see.

No comments: