Friday, April 04, 2008

Did not need to book at Annapurna in Salamanca for a change.

After the storm on Wednesday night which left me feeling somewhat 'jet lagged' and 'strung out' on Thursday , it was off to Annapurna at Salamanca for a meal. Not being able to function most of Wednesday apart from resurrecting the blog , I did not want to handle my very sharp chef knife to cook something I was not sure I wanted to eat. I wanted quick food and then sleep.
A few times lately I have tried to spontaneously go to Annapurna but usually arrive to a sea of reserved signs. But tonight it was ok to get in.
It was locals night it seemed and if the visiting cruise ship was in town it was not obvious. Maybe the passengers did not have meals on their minds after bobbing around like a cork all night in 176 km/hr winds ?
We had a Thali and a pork vindaloo which arrived promptly with expert service. The Thali is a great dish with a combination of tastes for the hungry person. I ended up helping out and so walked out overly full.
It was Thursday night after a storm, I was lucky I got in.
A couple of Kingfishers made sleep come easily and the wind was not howling.

No comments: